I’m Andrew Stevens and I’m the new project manager. I have more than five years of experience in project management.
Most of them have been in the field of software and I will be glad to see your style of work up close and to match each other.
Our director bet a lot on our next project. He is very keen for me to cope brilliantly with my new challenge, but this cannot happen without you. From my experience as a project manager, I learned one thing – professionals like you do not need a manager.
You need a calm and peaceful work environment where you can create. We need to set clear responsibilities from the outset and find a more exciting way to overcome the problems in our common path. In addition, I believe that we should not spend more than 8 hours at work unless we need to or want to. I read the online magazine for project management Muzonet.
I heard that you do a great job with the projects here and the products you create are really of excellent quality. My job is to focus on everything you do well. Maybe we will find some things that we can change to make our work easier. And if you’re so good and you like the way things happen and it gives you pleasure, we may not change things for now.
Let’s summarize, here we have one main goal – to succeed with the projects that follow.
As difficult as the process is, I believe that together we can handle even the most difficult tasks, regardless of the risks. I will need your help next week. I would like to talk to each of you, to discuss your experience, ideas, and difficulties that you are experiencing to facilitate the achievement of our goal.
Together we will find a productive way to do the job. I have chosen project management methodologies from the CustomEssayOnline.net website.
My desk is right next to you and knows that I am open to new ideas, recommendations and I will listen to everyone when needed. Communication in our team is of paramount importance.
Table of Contents
Finally, let me share my strengths as a project manager.
Being a good project manager is not easy. An effective project manager needs a combination of the following key qualities that I believe I possess and will help me in the new environment.
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in project management is necessary. In this way, I can convey my views and formulate the goal of the project in a way that everyone can understand about themselves, quickly and easily. Also be able to express my expectations directly and give regular, constructive feedback to the team I manage to guide it.
Strong leadership qualities
Through them, I will be able to motivate my team to work in the best way during the project and ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of what is expected of them. I will also be able to assess the strengths and weaknesses of my team and decide how best to use them in the project completion process.
Ability to solve problems
Problems can arise at all stages of the project. These issues that may need to be addressed may include team members, clients, or project stakeholders. My ability to think on my feet and resolve disputes and problems is key to ensuring the effective and timely completion of the project.
Ability to delegate
The ability to assign and control tasks is a key component of successful project management. As a project manager, I need to have access to my team’s skills and sign assignments based on those skills. The effective delegation also requires me to trust my team members to perform their duties and allows me to avoid micro-management.
Risk management, which includes identifying and planning potential risks, is my key competence. I can say that I can identify the risks at the beginning of the project and develop appropriate mitigation plans in case the risk arises. Knowing what positive or negative impacts can happen to the project if the risk does occur, I, as a project manager, can plan to avoid major problems that could otherwise ruin the project.
“Presentation of the certified project manager to the team and stakeholders”
Every project needs a real project manager. The director or sponsor must present…
“New certified project manager in the team”
I have been a certified project manager relatively recently, but I have a long professional…
“New certified project manager in a small software company”
The certified project manager is ready to work in a new company and lead the projects with confidence. However, having a document as a certificate…
“The presentation of the Certified Project Manager”
The certified project manager is a key role in any project. The certified professional is the basis of…
“Organization of the work of the manager”
Management, or the management of joint human activities, is unthinkable outside of any form in which and through…
“Presentation of the Certified Project Manager”
My name is Bernadette and I have been a certified project manager for 2 years…
“Certified project manager in the organization”
The certified project manager is important for any business activity. Companies often follow…
“The efficiency of the project manager in the management activity”
The project manager manages not only the project but also his teams and stakeholders. The work of a project…
“Presentation of the certified project manager”
The certified project manager is a valuable asset for any organization and team…
“Certified project manager shares his wisdom”
Certified project manager shares his experience. Introducing Gabrielle Johnson…
“The new certified project manager: sample presentation”
My name is Samantha Gabriel and I am the new certified project manager in the…
“The new certified project manager of the project”
My name is Liam Kennedy, and I am the new certified project manager of the project. So far, I have worked not only…
“Certified project managers and project roles”
Every project needs a certified project manager to take care of the progress and parameters of the project…
“How to become a certified project manager”
Many professionals today want to get a project management certificate. The profession of the…
“Why get certified as a project manager”
Project management certification is a logical step in the career development of any project manager…
Since the environment that will surround me in the new company consists mainly of programmers and marketing specialists, I will focus on specific competencies that I will emphasize to be able to work with teams. I will list a few steps that will help me in my endeavor:
1. I will focus on the main goal – I will periodically ask each team member how what he does contributes to the main goal. I will develop an objective standard for measuring progress towards this goal so that everyone can assess their contribution.
2. I will make more efforts to improve the planning and quality of the project.
3. I will keep in touch with the group – I think it will be useful for everyone to communicate and engage with the whole team often – even every day. I can use a collaboration tool or communication application included in the project management software package. It’s good to make the team a habit of talking to me every morning – if they learn to expect frequent communication and accountability, they will probably focus more and be more productive.
4. I will communicate with the client three times a week. The client needs almost as much commitment as the project team. In my opinion, it is vital to have more frequent dialogue with the client – in this way, we will receive constant feedback and we will be able to react faster if changes or problems arise. In these circumstances, I will schedule three to four contacts a week and get the client used to the fact that these meetings are relevant and productive.
5. I will help determine the priorities of the tasks of the team members. The productivity of my team members needs to understand where they have some confusion about their tasks. I will help them have more energy and focus by sitting with each member of the team for a few minutes with a diagram of the whole project. I will show them how their tasks fit into the plan.
6. I will use intuitive time and cost accounting technology. We will provide our team with an intuitive system for recording project time: personalized views for different roles, the ability to enter time for standard tasks with one click, and time recorded in the best format for our conditions. Kimble PSA automatically fills in the timesheets from project schedules, significantly reducing the likelihood that team members will record time for the wrong project.
7. I will send my boss weekly reports on the status of the project.
8. I will be proactive.
9. I will constantly develop my skills – for example with courses and additional training.